After the furore of the Euro elections it’s back to business as usual, so I thought I’d write a quick post about some of the exciting things coming up locally over the next three months.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, just the things that I spotted as being of interest;
- Camberley Theatre has lots going on in June including tribute acts for Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, Phil Collins and Abba to name a few.
- The last Friday of the month is usually Comedy Night which can be enjoyed along with a curry at the Theatre.
- 8th June is the annual Frimley Green Open Gardens event – a lovely stroll around some beautiful gardens in the village. My report on last year’s event is here.
- 14th June is an event not to be missed as the RMA are awarded the Freedom of the Borough with a parade through Camberley Town Centre.
- Camberley Theatre has another busy month including lots for Children as they break up for the summer plus the brilliant Fawlty Towers Dinner Experience which we went to back in February and thoroughly enjoyed.
- 12th July Theatre in the Park at Frimley Lodge Park has two productions; In the afternoon they present Alice Through The Looking Glass, then in the evening Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
- 13th July is the annual Frimley Green Carnival with parade through the village and a host of stalls and attractions on the Green. Here’s my Photo Blog from last year’s event.
- 19th & 20th July is the Farnborough Air Show which is always a great day out – take a camera and your ear defenders!
- 26th to 30th July is a free Photographic Exhibition called Streetscapes in an empty office building on Watchmoor Park in Camberley.
- Camberley Theatre has a great mix of acts in August including Joe McElderry, a One Direction Tribute and Roy Chubby Brown.
- 9th August is Frimley Lodge Live with Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and The Who tributes.
- 23rd and 24th August is Wings and Wheels at Dunsfold Park. Here is Paul Deach’s reports from 2012 and 2013.
- 30th August is the second annual Camberley Car Show being held in the Town Centre.
You can check these and other events on my Calendar page.