Plenty of politicians ask for your vote based on what they will do for you.
Below are some of the things I have done over the past two years – as a member of the public – to show that I am committed to working for the people of Surrey Heath and Frimley Green.
I have attended all but one of the County Council Local Area Committee public meetings (giving me the same attendance record as the vice chairman). I’ve recorded most of these for the Residents’ Network and tabled questions on the following topics of concern –
- Sturt Road railway bridge flooding
- Traffic problems around the green in Frimley Green
- Safety measures for Red Road
- Concerns about Frimley Park Hospital take over of Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Over the past two years I have reported on many local events for the Surrey Heath Residents’ Network, including;
- Frimley Green Open Gardens
- Frimley Green Carnival
- Surrey Heath Show
- Several Mytchett Frimley Green & Deepcut meetings and presentations
- Panto at Camberley theatre in collaboration with my daughter
- Surrey Heath photo competition
- Camberley Music Festival
- #LoveCamberley Christmas concert 2013 in collaboration with my daughter
- Police Unity Memorial Band Concert 2013 in collaboration with my daughter
- Help Yourselves sitcom launch
- Lakeside World Darts
- Lakeside World Pool
I have also reported on some more serious local issues and interviewed people with concerns;
- Heathrow airport trials meeting in Bagshot
- Improvements to The Hatches Path petition
- Deepcut Neighbourhood forum and concerns over the Princess Royal Barracks development
- Several Surrey Heath Live hangouts
Law and order is important to me, and I have attended the last two Police and Crime Commissioner Crime Summits arranged by PCC Kevin Hurley and held at Camberley Theatre. As part of my campaign, I spent an hour with Kevin at his office in Guildford back in March to hear his thoughts on policing in Britain in 2015.
I hope this demonstrates my commitment to working for the people of Surrey Heath and Frimley Green and I hope you will consider voting for me on Thursday.