For those that are interested in – or endure – the traffic issues in Camberley, there is a consultation out at the moment with some new proposals that might interest you.
Full details of the consultation can be found on the Surrey County Council web site.
Included in the proposals is the abolition of the A30 bus lane, which is something I firmly support. The number of people who don’t realise that the bus lane is only temporary and continue to queue on the outside lane when they could use both lanes is amazing.
As a result, there are countless accidents as people cross from the eastbound A30 across the stationary westbound queue and hit a car driving (legitimately) up the bus lane.
It’s certainly time to scrap the the A30 bus lane.
The closing date for responses is Sunday 9 April 2017 and there are also some travelling displays in the coming days;
- Tesco and Marks and Spencer Forecourt, The Meadows Centre, Marshall Rd, College Town, Sandhurst GU47 0FD – Friday 3 March 10am -4pm
- The Mall, 5-6 The Square, Camberley, GU15 3SL – Saturday 4 March 10am – 4pm
- Frimley Green Library, Beech Rd, Frimley Green, Camberley GU16 6LQ – Tuesday 7 March 10am- 2pm
- Lightwater Library, 83A Guildford Rd, Lightwater GU18 5SB – Tuesday 7 March 2pm- 5pm
- Arena Leisure Centre, Grand Avenue, Camberley GU15 3QH – Wednesday 15 March 10am-1pm
- Waitrose, London Rd, Bagshot GU19 5DG – Wednesday 15 March 2pm- 6pm