The EU continues to influence some of the most critical areas of domestic policy – none more so than Law and Order. Here’s UKIP’s response;
- UKIP will withdraw from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights.
- UKIP will reverse the government’s opt-in to EU law and justice measures, including the European Arrest Warrant and European Investigation Order. We will replace the EAW with appropriate bi-lateral agreements.
- UKIP will not give prisoners the vote.
- UKIP believes that full sentences should be served and this should be taken into account when criminals are convicted and sentenced in court. Parole should be available for good behaviour on a case-by-case basis, not systematically.
- We will repeal the Human Rights Act and replace it with a new British Bill of Rights.
- The interests of law-abiding citizens & victims will always take precedence over those of criminals.
Let me reiterate that last point, the interests of law-abiding citizens and victims will always take precedence over those of criminals.